Safeguarding and Wellbeing
The safeguarding team work to ensure that students are safe and supported during their time at Clevedon School. We believe every student deserves a champion: an adult who will not give up on them, who understands the power of connection, and insists they become the best they can be.
The Safeguarding Team
Safeguarding legislation and government guidelines state that schools should take action to:
- Protect children from maltreatment
- Prevent impairment of children’s health or development
- Enable all children and young people to have the best outcome
- Ensure that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
The Clevedon School’s safeguarding policy can be found in the policies section.
If you know of anyone (including yourself) is at risk please contact and notify the safeguarding team.
If you have a non-urgent concern that you wish to inform us of or discuss with us, please contact us at: Safeguarding@clevedonschool.org.uk
In an emergency please contact the school on 01275 876744 and ask for a member of the safeguarding team.
Students can contact the safeguarding team by:
- Any student feeling worried about themselves or someone else, or if they just want to talk to us, can pop in during break and lunchtimes to talk to a member of the team.
- Any student that has a serious concern can come to our office to see us.
- Students can press the support icon on Firefly and completing the form (see below)
- Differences Aside 365: Monday 13th November – Friday 17th November 2023
- Children's Mental Health Week: Tuesday 20th February – Friday 23rd February 2024.
- E-Safety Week: Monday 5th February – Friday 9th February 2024.
- Mental Health Awareness Week: Monday 13th May – Friday 17th May 2024.