It is Clevedon School policy that all students wear school uniform when attending school.
- Engenders a sense of community and identity both in and out of school
- Maintains a purposeful ethos
- Encourages good self-discipline
- Promotes equality in terms of appearance
- Relieves social and financial pressure
OUR UNIFORM SUPPLIER
All our uniform items can be purchased online from:
Collection of uniform will be from Monsoon at the below address:
63 Teignmouth Road
UniformD - Preloved Uniform and school equipment
We are pleased to announce that our Pre-loved shop is now live! We are selling good quality second hand uniform, PE kit and other items of school equipment (such as revision guides).
Moving forward; if you have any good quality uniform, PE kit or school equipment that you would like to donate to us please drop this off at main reception for the attention of Miss Mawer, Head of Pupil Premium. Clevedon School branded items are always particularly welcome.
A guide to using the Uniformd platform and some useful information can be found here: Uniformd - How To Guide
- Clevedon School Blazer: Blazers must be worn in and around school.
- Clevedon School House Tie: Ties must be worn properly and traditionally at all times to the waist.
- Full Length, Plain Black Tailored School Trousers or Plain Black Tailored Knee Length Skirt: Students wearing skirts must wear black tights (40+ denier). Trousers must cover the ankle. Styles such as carrot, tapered, seven/eighths are not permitted. Styles that are not permitted are jeans, chinos, cords, stretchy fabric, flares, ‘Miss Sexty’ style or zip pockets. This list is not exhaustive.
- White, Button-up, Full Collared Shirt: Shirts can be short or long sleeved and should have buttons to the neck for tie wearing. Blouses and shirts must be tucked in. The top button must be done up on blouses/shirts, and the tie done up to cover the fastened top button.
- Plain Black Footwear: Black polishable leather or leather-look shoe with a distinct low heel (please see further guidance below). No sports branded shoes / trainers (such as Vans, Converse, Adidas, Nike, Lonsdale, Reebok, Puma, Slazenger) – this list is not exhaustive. We expect all students to wear a traditional shoe. Shoes are to be just black in colour. No canvas, boots or dolly type shoes are permitted.
- Plain Black Socks: Socks must be plain and have no patterns or logos ensuring that there is no gap between the shoe and trouser. Trainer socks are not permitted.
- Plain Black Belt: Black leather or leather-look belt with a buckle that has no logo on, and no studs.
- Clevedon School Jumper: This must be worn underneath the blazer and does not replace the blazer.
On all of these aspects, the School’s decision is final. As fashions change we reserve the right to update our uniform policies as and when required.
Please see below examples of acceptable footwear and trousers/skirts. These lists are not exhaustive and are intended to provide guidance only. Other items are available which adhere to the uniform policy. If you are unsure on any aspect of uniform, please e-mail your child’s Head of House for clarification before purchasing.
Examples of acceptable shoes
Examples of unacceptable shoes
Examples of correct black trousers and skirts and suppliers
These lists are not exhaustive and are intended to provide guidance only. Other items are available which adhere to the uniform policy.
If you are unsure on any aspect of uniform, please e-mail your child’s Head of House for clarification before purchasing.
SPORTSWEAR: BOYS AND GIRLS
Boys and Girls
- Clevedon School Unisex Sports Polo (Monsoon)
- Clevedon School Sports Socks (Monsoon – hooped black and gold)
- Black rugby/football/hockey boots and shin pads; compulsory for boys' and girls' football/hockey.
- Running trainers
- White socks
- Clevedon School ¼ Zip Fleece Top
- Plain black 'skort'
- Studded boots
- Clevedon School Black and Gold reversible rugby shirt.
- Plain black sports shorts
- Studded boots
Other Optional Sports Items:
- Plain black rugby shorts (boys)
- Plain black shorts (girls)
- Gum shields are advisable for all contact sports.
- Plain black sports bottoms
- Black and Gold rain coat.
- KS4 - black sports leggings in PE lessons only (not extracurricular clubs or sporting fixtures). To ensure the correct type of leggings we will only accept legging with the Clevedon logo which can be purchased from our school supplier Monsoon.
Students may wear their PE kit or BLACK dance wear, i.e. jogging bottoms/leggings, T-shirt etc. Jazz shoes are optional as students may go barefoot. Trainers are not permitted in the Dance Studio.
HAIRSTYLES, ACCESSORIES, JEWELLERY AND MAKE-UP
Extreme hairstyles and brightly coloured dyed hair are not permitted.
Whilst on school grounds, hats, caps and scarves should not be worn unless for religious/medical reasons.
Students may wear a maximum of two small stud earrings in each ear, a watch, one small ring on each hand and no other jewellery.
Nose and other facial piercings are not permitted.
We strongly recommend no jewellery, and as a school we take no responsibility for loss/damage/theft.
Discreet make-up is allowed.
Any nail polish should be clear only and the length of nails should be short. False or acrylic nails are not permitted.
Outdoor coats may be worn when the weather warrants, but should not be worn instead of a blazer. If a coat is worn, it should be plain and smart (offensive logos are not allowed). Denim and leather coats should not be worn. Outdoor coats must not be worn in the school building.
BEST UNIFORM FIRST CONSEQUENCES
Students who choose not to adhere to the Clevedon School uniform policy will receive the following sanctions.
- Failure to wear your uniform correctly (Shirt untucked, coats in corridors etc) - First Break, Lunch or After School (10 minutes)
- Failure to wear the correct uniform (Socks, piercings, nails, shoes, skirts, trousers etc) – After school (40 minutes) – asked to wear correct uniform or sent home to change.
- Failure to resolve the incorrect uniform and follow staff instruction - Isolation (1 Day inc 40 minutes)
- Repeat or continued failure to wear or follow the correct uniform policy - Isolation/FTE (1 Day)
If a student arrives at school with incorrect uniform, we may contact parents to bring in the correct uniform. We also reserve the right to send students home to collect the correct uniform and then return to school. Sanctions will be applied to students wearing the uniform incorrectly or failing to wear the correct uniform. There may be an occasion where we can offer a uniform solution from our own limited stock of donated items. Students refusing this option will also receive a sanction.