Year 9 Options 2023
Year 9 students are now approaching a very important stage of their education where key decisions need to be made. It is important that students think carefully about these choices as they will have a direct impact on later decisions about potential Level 3 courses and apprenticeships, and ultimately about university routes should that be their preference, and of course the world of work.
On this page you will find all the information and resources from the presentations and extra information we feel may be helpful.
OPTIONS INFORMATION EVENING
Please find the Year 9 Options presentation by Mr Kent as well as the 2023 Options Booklet below:
TIMELINE OF ALL EVENTS FOR THE GCSE OPTIONS PROCESS
- Thursday 12th January – Subject Consultation Evening.
- Monday 16th January – Student options assembly in school.
- Thursday 19th January – Options evening for Y9 families.
- Friday 20th January – Firefly options form opens for applications.
- Monday 23rd onwards – One-to-One interviews for selected students.
- Friday 3rd February – Options form deadline.
- Term 5 – Subject choices confirmed.